- I just try and keep it simple and i don’t really think about backgrounds all that much. Usually when i’m thinking of something I have a pretty clear idea of how i want it to look, that doesn’t mean it always ends up that way because it’s an awful long way from my brain to my hand. I just try and make a background that doesn’t steal the focus, that doesn’t mean you can’t have little focal points in the background. Just keep it simple.
I asked the twitter family for pixel suggestions and dragon in a bumper car won this round. I’ve had some of these questions in my inbox for awhile so, sorry for taking so long. Also a big hello to all the new followers, hope you like comics and stuff.
teddybearsjunk asked you: in the same vein, I would totally pay money to play your flash game
- Well don’t get your hopes up about any games getting made in the near future, but maybe one day in a galaxy far far away or even this galaxy i will make a game and you can maybe play it. It’ll be a pong clone and the ball will be pizza.
- Well Majoras Mask is my favourite Zelda followed by Wind Waker. I’m certainly not saying i don’t like Ocarina of Time, i just like MM and WW more. So i don’t really feel that compelled to do anything from that game. Although I do have some fond memories playing it when I was a kid.
- Thank you! The zelda comics are fun to do and i’m glad a lot of people seem to have enjoyed them, although the 2nd part of the Majoras Mask comix kind of broke some hearts, don’t be sad lil zelda fans! It’ll be okay. Thanks!
- Four times the love, i think you have to marry it now. I’m pretty sure thats the rule. Thanksss.
- I answered a similar question once ages ago but basically yeah I use a tablet. My weapons of choice is a Wacom Intuos4 and photoshop cs5. Thats an expensive set up though and theres a really good tablet out there made by Monoprice which is super cheap (unless you live in australia where the postage was more than the tablet itself BUT I DIGRESS) I haven’t used one but all the reviews have been very favorable. As for improving your own illustrations, like everything in life the more you do it the better you will get. Draw every day, draw while you watch tv, draw on the train. It doesn’t have to be for a reason but the more you draw the better you will get.
the1johnson asked: If I begged you to make a flash game with me would you consider it? I’m a fairly awesome programer!
Making games is a lot of work, I’m open to the idea but a mans gotta make a living as well. Plus i like to know what i’m getting into, like how much work/time i’ll need to put into a project. If you have a a legitimate plan for what you want to do and what you need from me then by all means send me an email and i’ll consider it because i’ve always wanted to make a game and i’m not gifted in the way of the programmer.
So yeah i’m always open to projects and what not, shoot me an email and we can talk about it. This goes for anyone.
Thanks for the question.
I’m working on some bigger projects at the moment so in the mean time you get pixel gifs. There will be some comics coming next week okay? Cool? Cool cool cool.
So anyways this is a Jetpack Shark.